Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 2 monitors with geforce 3 and switch
Vince   2001-12-09 01:28
I recently bought another monitor for web design, and a switch to switch between 1 comp and both monitors. It works fine all accept that the quality on both monitors is a little blurry. I am running a geforce 3 deluxe, dual p3 933 768mb ram, win2k. Now the problem is, I think! something to do with my cable between the switch and my Vcard. The cable is a 14pin cable where as my 19" Mitsushiti has 15pins(19" 3 months new). Will this cause a degredation in quality from my vcard to the switch, and hence both monitors receiving poor/weak signal?? Why do some monitors has 14pin and some 15pin, what's the difference? I don't really want to go out and buy another vcard, if it is something simple like a cable.

Thanks
Almghty   2001-12-10 14:53
I think the switch is causing some interference, shielding or something.

I am being vague because I wasnt interested when the guy was explaining it to me. He had 4 monitors hooked up to two computers and he was using a switch. One was playing a movie and the other was demoing something (shop). That is all i know.
Vince   2001-12-11 16:51
Oh well I bought a pci geforce2 mx400, i'll try doing it that way instead of with the switch.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 2 monitors with geforce 3 and switch