Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Icons sporadically revert back to one monitor
Tony   2009-01-20 11:42
I have 4 monitors, and am trying to lock some icons on specific monitors. Sporadically, with no rhyme or reason, all four screens flicker and the icons revert to one monitor. I have one ATI PCI card and one Nvidia AGP - I don't know if I am just not configuring the icons correctly or if there is a conflice due to the video cards. Thoughts?

Tony
javajon   2009-01-27 23:04
2 possible solutions that I use:

1) I always keep "preserve positions of desktop icons" unchecked. When I turn on my computer I have to click restore now to get all of my icons in place. I do this because ever so often my laptop starts and the icons will not restore into the correct position and I have to reboot. If "preserve positions of desktop icons" is check it will save all the icons in the wrong positions when I reboot and then I will have to setup all of my icons (about 60) again.

2)sometime ultramon losses which of my 3 monitors is my primary (the middle monitor) and the icons are out of place. I have to disconnect my laptop out of the docking station boot it seperately, shut it down, put it back into the docking station and then turn everything back on. Then it remembers the primary and icon positions.

I am using a dell 830 lat and vista ultimate. with my laptop screen, one monitor hooked up via the vga port on the docking station and the other monitor hooked up via evga uv plus+ (thru my usb).....hope that helps.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Icons sporadically revert back to one monitor