Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi Monitor/DVD problems
Zach   2001-12-10 04:40
I have been having a frustrating problem with Windows XP and Nvidia cards, my system consists of an AGP GeForce 3, and a PCI dual head, twinview GeForce 2MX (both Leadtek cards)

Under Windows XP, with the latest posted Detonator drivers (21.83?) I get periodic hard crashes especially when changing the "primary monitor" from one card to another. I generally want to change the primary monitor when attempting to watch DVD's on one of the secondary monitors (3 monitors total, one on GeForce 3, two attached to the dual head GeForce card)

XP will sometimes generate a semi-helpful error about a write failure attributed to the drivers for the GeForce 2 card.

the system boots fine with all 3 displays, and I can generally do basic 2D non hardware accelerated operations without any problems, but again... as soon as I try to play DVD's, or switch the primary display, it will invariably crash.

Aside from these probelems, the system is rock solid. I have real twinview functionality, with the Ge Force 3 being the center monitor, and the 2 Geforce MX displays on either side, I am running all displays at 1280X1024 One Geforce 2 monitor runs at 60 HZ (flat panel display) the GeForce 3, and the other Geforce 2 display are both running at 85 Hz, 32 bit color depth.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the lehghty post.

Thanks in advance,

Zach
Christian Studer   2001-12-10 11:41
The latest drivers are 23.11, this is an official Nvidia release. Haven't tried them myself yet, but 21.83 also wasn't stable for me for video stuff.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi Monitor/DVD problems