Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Proposed set up, please advise
Peter   2009-02-20 07:28
Hi, I'm thinking of setting up a realy cool media/gaming set up in my room next year but need advise as I don't have any multi-monitor setup experience.

Setup:
Current gfx card: 8800gts 512 PCI-E card
Proposed extra card: 6200 PCI card

Heres what a want;
http://i43.tinypic.com/314yq11.png graphic illustration, sort of..

On my desk 2x 20" @ 1680x1050
1 Being main monitor(call this monitor A (used for gaming, running on the 8800gts)), other being extended desktop space (monitor b, running on the 6200).

A wall mounted 42" @ 1920x1080
same as clone of monitor b, used for watching movies, running on the 8800gts

A 7-10" touch screen @ maybe 800x600 - 1024x768 (whateva i can find at a good price)
This will be a clone of monitor a, to be used as like a remote for the whole system, running on the 6200

Basicly heres my concerns;
Can I run clone mode if there at different resolutions?
Will there be driver/compatability clashes with the 8800gts and the 6200 (both nvidea).
Would it try to clone monitor a onto the touch screen when im playing games? if so will this affect my games preformance?, same question for when i am playing 1080hd movies on the big screen will it try to clone onto monitor b causing preformance issues?

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS!!!
Slackmaster K   2009-03-11 05:52
No; clone mode only works when both are the same resolution, color depth, etc.

Drivers "should" play well together. This is not always the case. Best of luck.

When you have two screens in clone mode, they will clone anything - games, powerpoints, etc. The only exception is the login screen.

This will not affect performance, as the card only renders it once and passes it to the independent RAMDACs.

www.manymon.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Proposed set up, please advise