Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ergotron DS100 and 1 over 3 LCD's.
LittleScooby   2009-02-23 16:40
Just wondering if anyone is using the Ergotron DS100 in this configuration and if so, which grommet did you use for the top monitor?

I can't decide between the 47-051-200, 47-057-200, 47-050-200, and the 47-058-200.

Has anyone else been in this situation and if so, which did you go with?

My thought is that the 47-051-200 would allow the top monitor to be angled downward a bit and still be plush with the monitor underneath it, whereas with some of the other grommets, I would think if you tilted the top monitor downward, that it would then not be plush with the top of the bottom LCD. Is this improper thinking?

Any thoughts?

I currently have the DS100 in a tripanel configuration but find I could use 1 more center monitor on top of the tripanel for stats (monitoring system perf, bandwidth, surveillance cams, etc.)

I am starting to think however, that I am the only one interested in a DS100 1 over 3 config since all the pics in the gallery don't show the DS100 setup this way. I only saw about a dozen ds100's in the gallery so they don't seem too prevalent but I love mine. Best part of my current tripanel is my Ergotron DS100. I love it.
ECarlson   2009-02-24 13:40
I sometimes wish I had a 4th monitor above my other 3 at work. I'm not so lucky to have a nice mount for my monitors. They're all still using their original stands. Fortunately, at least the current monitors I'm using have height-adjustable stands. The previous monitors didn't, so I had to put stands under each monitor to get them to the right height.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
LittleScooby   2009-02-25 15:39
This is a long shot but I thought I would ask anyway since this is the only forum on the net that would come close to having an answer. The question ties into the DS100 as well.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has ever attempted to mount some sort of speaker stand attachments to the DS100 or not? I could almost see ordering the back tripanel piece to use for an additional monitor and having the 2 other monitor parts be used to hover the left and right speakers but that might not look too professional. In the meantime, I may be stuck just using a pair of speaker stands behind my desk but thought I would check just in case anyone has found any good way to attach their speakers to the DS100.
LittleScooby   2009-02-27 12:29
Well I answered my own question on this one about the DS100 part number. The one I chose lets you angle the top monitor so it is plus with the one below it, however, having it this way just doesn't feel quite right. It makes you feel boxed in or something so I think for a 1 over 3 config, the top monitor should be straight, or only slightly angled downwards. Just in case anyone else ever does a 1 over 3, thought you might like to know.
LittleScooby   2009-02-27 12:33
I also decided that mounting speakers to a DS100 might not be a great idea since speakers can vibrate too much and shake your lcd's.
ECarlson   2009-02-28 13:01
Thanks for the follow-ups. If the speaker set has a separate subwoofer, then the desktop units don't include the bass content, so they shouldn't shake the monitors. Attaching them to the stand is an interesting idea.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
LittleScooby   2009-02-28 13:46
Yeah, I guess it depends on your surround speakers.

My set is the Logitech Z5500 unit and I think the surrounds for them also put out a decent amount of bass. I could be wrong but it just seems that way for this set looking at the backs of the speakers. I think some would be just perfect to mount on the DS100 if they are smaller and don't put out too much bass.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ergotron DS100 and 1 over 3 LCD's.