Forums -> Multiple monitors -> xp, twinview, movies fullscreen on sec. display
Pat   2001-12-16 05:42
Hi

I have recently re-installed xp and am unable to duplicate what I did before.

I had a nvidia geforce2 mx 400 running on winxp.

Using twinview, I set the secondary display to clone the first one. The secondary display was a lcd projector connected via svideo. Twinview settings only let me display 640x480 or 800x600 (although whenever I played a movie it always went back to 800x600 "by itself" (which was fine))

Whenever I opened a video file (avi,mpg, dvd, ect...) and regardless if it was fullscreen or windowed on my primary monitor, it was always fullscreen on the projector - which was *perfect*

I was using driver version 21.81.

Anyhoot, I reinstalled XP (using the same driver version) and am unable to replicate the above.

When I play a movie file, it is no longer fullscreen on the projector(unless the resolution of my primary and secondary displays are the same and I tell the player to play in fullscreen). But my DVD software, PowerDVD, tells me that it cannot play with these display settings. It won't play on either display until twinview is turned off.

Have tried the new detonator drivers and it still wont go.

Thanks
Christian Studer   2001-12-18 11:17
Looks like clone mode disables overlays on XP.

You could try Zoom Player for DVD playback, it can run fullscreen on secondary monitors, and remains fullscreen even if you work with a different app.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> xp, twinview, movies fullscreen on sec. display