Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Elsa Gloria III and Creative Labs 3d Blaster Riva TNT2
Bao   2001-12-19 05:11
My system:

Dell Optiplex GX150
1.13 Ghz
512 MB PC 133 Ram
On board NIC

Problem:
I have the Gloria III installed in the AGP slot and the 3d Blaster in any PCI slot other than the one right next to the AGP slot. Everything boots up fine and runs fine. However, after running for awhile, the 3d Blaster card overheats (i take touch it and the card is really really hot). I super glued a case fan onto the 3d Blaster card hoping to relieve this problem but the card still overheats. When it does overheat, my system is frozen...i have to remove the card and reboot because it wouldn't reboot with the card still in there.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Am i using the wrong card as the secondary one? Thanks.

Bao
IrishFreakOut   2001-12-27 16:43
I have owned many of these Banshee Cards... they overheat.

However high you have your resolutions are on may be taxing the card or such. You might try playin with more heatsink action or such. I know i couldn't keep any pci cards next to my banshee else it'd die within 20 mins of use.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Elsa Gloria III and Creative Labs 3d Blaster Riva TNT2