Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Google Chrome won't load onto correct monitor
John K   2009-03-31 14:22
For some reason, Google Chrome doesn't like to open smoothly on my secondary monitor.

When I go to open it, it flashes up correctly on the 2nd monitor, but then both screens go black, it flashes live again with 2nd monitor wallpaper upside down and backwards, and then a 3rd flash and all programs open on the 2nd monitor switch over to 1st monitor. Then I have to manually move programs back over.

Seems that Google Chrome is only program that has this problem.

This happens only initially upon reboot. In other words, if I go thru above process. Then close all programs down (without rebooting), Chrome will open normally in 2nd monitor just where it was without any flickering, etc.

I would appreciate any help - combined with numerous other Vista related bootup problems, I'm pulling my hair out.

John
John K   2009-03-31 14:25
Addendum:

In case it matters, this is running on Vista 64 HP laptop with 2 monitors - primary is 1900x1200, secondary is 1050x1680 (vertical).

John
John K   2009-03-31 14:49
Another addendum:

I'm running the 3.0.4 Beta. Perhaps that's a bad plan.

John
Anon   2009-04-06 10:55
I'm pretty sure it's a WebKit issue. I've seen the same behavior with Safari for Windows.
daytraderjo   2010-04-24 05:09
Chrome does not seem to utilize ultramon software. The tabs for maximization do not display.

I have seen it on several systems, and it is just one of those things i guess...

Has anyone looked into this?
Christian Studer   2010-04-24 09:00
This is due to the custom window title bar used by Chrome, unfortunately UltraMon usually can't add window buttons to applications with custom title bars.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Google Chrome won't load onto correct monitor