Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cannot set secondary monitor as primary monitor
Steve   2009-04-07 13:24
I have a laptop and a 24 inch display configuration so I am trying to customize the settings so that I can use my 24-inch display as my primary display. Whenever I select monitor 2 as my primary display in the Ultramon Display settings it disables my secondary display instead. I sense that something is conflicting with my settings. As a last resort I tried to the same things by going directly into my properties display settings but that didn't work either. Has found a work around solution to this type of problem?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Do I need to provide you with specification related information to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance
Steve
Christian Studer   2009-04-08 09:55
I've seen this with Intel video chipsets, seems to be a driver issue. You should still be able to change the primary monitor via the software for the video chipset.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Mario   2009-05-07 03:17
I have the very same issue. My laptop is a Dell Latitude D430, video 'Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family'.
If the monitor is plugged in and on while the machine starts it will correctly be chosen as the (left most) primary monitor. Once you log in (not sure if it is due to ultramon) the display will reset so the right most monitor (the laptops display) will become the primary. Attempting to reset this via ultramon or display settings results in the secondary display being disabled.
I hope this is fixed soon.
-Mario
Christian Studer   2009-05-07 11:07
Seems unlikely that this would be related to UltraMon. If you're using Vista, see this thread for a possible fix.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cannot set secondary monitor as primary monitor