Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HP Pavilion a1420n to TV using S-video
Ian   2009-04-08 18:27
Hi.

I just purchased a S-video to PC input cable that has the standard 3-RCA cables that goes into the TV.

I have a HP Pavilion a1420n desktop with ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series video card, a PAVV flat-screen TV and a Samsung 22" SyncMaster 226BW.

I've hooked everything up correctly but I can't get the dual-monitors happening. It's always either the Samsung LCD monitor OR the TV.

I'm trying to set it up so that I can work on stuff on the LCD monitor while I put on a movie or something on the TV.

I've looked through the display settings, ATI RADEON's Catalyst settings, I've looked online for the past two hours or so...but still haven't solved the problem..For some reason when I click on "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" and then click "Apply", it doesn't work...it's just stays in single-monitor mode..

One question: Do you have to have multiple graphic cards to have dual-monitor capability? My Samsung SyncMaster is plugged in via VGA (the long blue input cable with many pins). Then i hooked up the TV to the desktop via s-video. Does the ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series graphic card only support one monitor/screen at a time?

Please advise. Any help would be greatly appreciated and would definitely relieve my frustration..haha

Thanks in advance.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HP Pavilion a1420n to TV using S-video