Forums -> UltraMon™ -> 4/7 monitors are no longer enabled
KLStringer   2009-04-24 08:14
Here at my work we have 5 monitors on the floor that all show the same .pps file. 1 monitor in the breakroom shows our health care benefits information and the last monitor is the computer that runs everything primary display.

Up until today everything worked perfectly fine until 3/5 that are on the floor will no longer mirror the .pps file that runs on them. When I look in the Ultramon display settings it shows monitors 3, 5, & 6 as detached and are grayed out. Before today when I set everything up they showed as enabled. Looking in the ATI control panel shows all displays are enabled.

So now out of 7 monitors only 2/5 on the sales floor show the .pps show, the one in the break room will not show anything at all and the primary shows correctly.

My question is how to re-enable the monitors that are now detached in Ultramon. I've looked in every settings screen I can find in Ultramon and have had no luck fixing this problem.

My second question is how can I prevent this from happening again as I've already wasted 4 hours trying to fix this today.
Christian Studer   2009-04-24 09:07
UltraMon will show a monitor as being detached if it is currently being used as a mirror target. I would try if restarting UltraMon mirroring fixes the problem.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
KLStringer   2009-04-24 09:59
I have tried rebooting the system several times with no luck. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled Ultramon and monitors 3, 5, 6 are now showing as enabled in settings but still will not mirror the .pps show even though they show as mirroring monitor 2 where the show is sent to. The monitor in the breakroom now shows unsupported video format even tho none of its setting have been changed.

We have thought about just daisy chaining 3,5, & 6 off of the range extender for monitor 2 but if we ever want to show multiple shows on the sales fool we'll be back at square one.

tl;dr

Rebooted no luck
Reinstalled no luck
Currently stuck with 3/7 monitors working 2 on sales floor and the primary at the desktop.
KLStringer   2009-04-24 12:16
Correction to the post above the breakroom monitor show unsupported video signal not format. It also no longer shows up when I identify monitors. Before this all started it use to be monitor 4, but now one of the non mirroring monitors on the sales floor ID's as #4 and no monitors ID as either #7 or #3, in fact only 6 show up in Ultramon now.

Nothing has changed between yesterday and today on the PC other than this. We haven't installed any new programs, other than my uninstall/reinstall of Ultramon today. All connections are good and haven't been changed or fiddled with by anyone (verified 100%).

*shrugs* we're open to suggestions if anyones got any.
KLStringer   2009-04-24 12:17
err no monitors ID as #7, 3 shows up.
Christian Studer   2009-04-25 11:00
Which version of UltraMon and Windows are you using?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Robbedoes   2020-06-11 00:55
I had the same issue last night...
Turned out that I hit a tickbox in one of the Mirroring Settings dialogs to Hide the display in question.
No actions needed, just logging this for anyone having the same issue...
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> 4/7 monitors are no longer enabled