Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three monitors in Vista x64 off modern 4xxx series ATI?
Syllopsium   2009-04-28 03:04
At the moment I very successfully run three monitors off two Nvidia 7600GT cards.

I'm considering a graphics card upgrade to be able to run more games - although the predominant activities is applications.

Whilst Nvidia drivers have their own foibles, I've heard ATI are sometimes somewhat worse. Can someone please provide real life confirmation that it works ok - both for three to four monitor spanned desktop support off two cards in Vista x64, for modern games and preferably also for crossfire support.

I'm thinking about a couple of dual slot cards so they exhaust the heat outside the case. Ideally something that has a low power draw when just running apps.. I've tried Nvidia and fancy trying ATI.
ABSIC_115   2009-05-01 18:29
Hi, I am running a Sapphire ATI Radeon 4850x2 card with 3 monitors and it seems to be working OK. In fact, I think it is better than my old Nvidia SLI set-up and it appears much more stable.
jon straub   2009-05-19 03:33
I have two sapphire radeon hd 3870 video cards, pci express 2, crossfirex. I can not get third monitor to work. ati said that this card has not been tested for 3 or more monitors. is there a way to get this to work. or do I have to go to different video cards.

thanks

jon
jon@jonstraub.com
rboy   2009-07-03 23:36
I also have a sigle (dual slot) HD4850. I love the Ultramon software but absoultely loath and detest the ATI Caltalyst Control Centre (CCC) and drivers for the card.

I have recently just spent in excess of 15 hours isolating dodgey Catalyst 9.6 drivers as being the reason for problematic video playback.

My situation is:
Two monitor output
a. HD display 1920x128l0 Flat panel
b. lo-res 1024x768 CRT TV
c. Exclsivley use Vista Media Centre in full- screen

CCC doesn't enable clone-mode with independant resolutions.

I WAS using Ultramon to switch ehshell.exe (mediacentre application) between the displays. This worked, but the only problem was very poor hi-def video playback quality. There appeared to be a conflict between Ultramon and the latest CCC drivers.

Can you advise the best integration method for your software and CCC?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three monitors in Vista x64 off modern 4xxx series ATI?