Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual screen setup how to play games on extended desktop?
mudkip   2009-04-29 03:12
Hello,

I have a XFX GTX 280 with two DVI ouputs.
One the first output Ive a 19'' screen and on the second dvi output I've a 42'' LCD tv connected.

I've extended my desktop to the 42'' screen .

My question is : is it possible to open Call of duty 4 on my extended desktop? I can't drag the windows because it's full-sized.

Cloning is not an option because when I clone, my 42'' tv will get a 1440x900 resolution which it doesn't support.

Wouldn't it be nice if I just could right click on the Call of duty 4 shortcut and select ''Open on extended desktop'' . Does such a feature excist?

Many thanks
mudkip   2009-04-29 03:28
I've windows vista x86 and the beta 3.0.4
Christian Studer   2009-04-29 07:53
You could set the TV as the primary monitor before starting the game, this should cause it to launch on the TV.

You can do this via UltraMon menu > Set Primary, or by configuring custom display settings for the application (right-click the application's shortcut, select Properties, then the UltraMon - Display tab).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
mudkip   2009-04-29 10:34
I don't want to use my LCD tv as the primairy monitor , I want it to be an extended desktop so I can use other programs on my 19''
Mark   2009-04-29 12:50
Set one UltraMon Display Profile with the 42" as primary and another Display Profile with the other as primary and switch between them as often as you wish. I put my most frequently used DP's on the Quick Launch toolbar for instant access.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual screen setup how to play games on extended desktop?