Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Firefox Quick Find
Dale   2009-05-18 08:35
I am having a problem with Firefox where every time I hit an apostrophe it brings up a "quick find" box. (You will notice the absence of contractions in this post.) I have XP SP2, Firefox 3.0.10. I have learned from the net that this seems to be a problem in particular for people with multiple monitors; there is something about resizing Firefox that puts it into the mode where it interprets an apostrophe this way. I haven't found a solution yet, though. Has anyone here confronted this?
ecarlson   2009-05-18 14:23
Yes. I think there was a 'bug' for that. I'm in a text box now typing this message, though I'm using Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 on XP Pro/SP3, and have no problems with the apostrophe (I've typed 4 so far in this paragraph). If I'm not in a text box, the apostrophe brings up the quick find. I don't think I've ever had the 'bug', even with 3.0.10, though I do think I've seen it on other people's computers in the past. Did you try creating a new profile? Also, perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox if the new profile doesn't work.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2009-05-18 14:30
Here's the 'bug'.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=311376

You might want to add you vote, or at least see if it provides any clues on how to overcome it if both creating a new profile and an uninstall/reinstall don't solve it.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Firefox Quick Find