Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Full screen video
Dale   2009-05-30 04:46
I have two monitors. I often boot up with what I'll call monitor A as primary and monitor B as secondary. When I watch video (Netflix, Hulu, etc.), though, I like to have it on B. I'll use Ultramon to set B as primary, but I'm usually still unable to get the video to run full screen on B. Either it won't work at all, or I'll be able to get it started on full screen but as soon as I hit a key or click anything on A it will drop out of full screen mode. I'm running XP. I have an nVidia card, with nView desktop manager disabled.
Christian Studer   2009-05-30 11:46
You'll need a video player which supports this, for example recent versions of Windows Media Player support running in fullscreen mode on any monitor, and will remain in fullscreen mode if you work with another application.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Dale   2009-05-30 23:39
So typically video players won't run in full screen mode while you work with another app even if they are on the primary monitor? My problem is that for some video I'm tied to proprietary players. Thanks.
Christian Studer   2009-05-31 10:40
Don't know about that, as far as I know PowerDVD and Winamp should also support this.

Dale   2009-06-04 11:00
I watch more peculiar things than that. :) Mostly online Netflix videos and then the PCTV ToGo player, from Pinnacle, which lets me watch TV on any computer in the house with WiFi.
Ed   2009-06-10 19:44
So there is no solution if I want to watch e.g. YouTube full screen on secondary screen and work other programs on the primary, YouTube will not maintain full screen mode as soon as I touch any key. UltraMon is no solution for that?
Christian Studer   2009-06-11 11:02
UltraMon can't help with this.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Full screen video