Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three monitors don't work with 3-output graphics card NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
valko   2009-06-04 00:42
I want to use three monitors desktop and connected three monitors to outputs of NVIDIA Quadro FX 580. (There are one DVI and two DisplayPort outputs and I used two DisplayPort-to-DVI adapters to connect monitor's DVI-inputs).
I don't install any programm except NVIDIA nView.
But I can work only with any two monitors (1+2 or 1+3 or 2+3) and not with 1+2+3.
I try connect one of three monitors to VGA input through DVI-to-VGA adapter but it don't help.

Can I have all three monitors working at the same time? Or Quadro FX 580 can support only two at a time?
If I can, how do I do that?

Kind regards,
valko
ecarlson   2009-06-06 14:45
That's a dual-output video card (it says it right on the NVidia web site). If you want 3 monitors, you will either need an additional video card, or a 3 or 4 output card. I think only Matrox makes 3 output cards, but I think both NVidia and Matrox have 4-output video cards. If you have room for a second card, that would probably be the cheapest solution.

Does the motherboard have its own video output? If so, then that could possibly be your 3rd output: I have my work PC set up that way.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
valko   2009-06-07 22:14
Thanks Eric.

NVIDIA FX 580 specifications have misled me.

# of Digital Outputs: 3 (2 out of 3 active at a time)
# of Analog Outputs: 1
Analog and Digital: yes

I supposed I can use 2 digital AND 1 analog outputs. It was wrong.

valko
ECarlson   2009-06-09 11:11
I'm pretty sure it is only capable of generating 2 unique video signals at one time, which is pretty much standard for NVidia and ATI, unless you specifically purchase one of their 4-monitor cards.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three monitors don't work with 3-output graphics card NVIDIA Quadro FX 580