Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 TwinView GeForce2MX400 1AGP/1PCI 4 monitor config problems
Dan   2001-12-26 05:55
I've been running a Gainward TwinView GeForce2MX400 with success for a long time. Well I decided to get a little crazy and purchase another card (PCI) and see if I could get 4 monitors running. The PCI card is an EVGA Geforce2MX400. Well I installed the PCI card, booted up and all was well...

Besides the large amount of radiation, I was really enjoying quad 19" monitors until I rebooted. After rebooting, windows XP decided to stop using my gainward drives and use the EVGA drivers for both cards. Once that happened my fourth monitor (Secondary output of secondary 'PCI' card) went weird. It's become an almost monochrome monitor, it's just a varity of blue colors and the picture is a little garbled.

I decided to uninstall all the video drivers and try again.. After doing this, windows XP decided to only use the Gainward drivers on both cards.. At that point things were working fine again, and the gainward drivers were actually more usefull, allowing 2048X768 spanning and other things. But after a reboot or two, XP went back to using EVGA drivers on both cards and my fourth monitor is screwy again..

My AGP card is set as my primary in BIOS, and in windows. I'm running an AthlonXP1800 with 1gig of DDR ram.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
Christian Studer   2001-12-26 06:04
Have you tried using Nvidia reference drivers for both cards?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Dan   2001-12-27 11:18
The last time I tried using Nvidia's reference drivers my system wouldn't start, not even safe mode.. I've since worked out some other bugs though, so maybe I'll give that a shot again..

thanks..

Dan
Ziyad Hosein   2001-12-28 00:17
Go into C:\winnt\inf and delete all oem*.inf files.
Uninstall all drivers and then reinstall the Gainward drivers for both cards.
This will remove all traces of the EVGA driver and all should be fine.

Windows Tweaks and Retro Drivers
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 TwinView GeForce2MX400 1AGP/1PCI 4 monitor config problems