Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can't set different resolutions on monitors
Alexander Bosnjak   2009-06-09 01:47
[already posted this one in the Ultramon forum, but I can't delete it there so I'm posting it again but this time in the right forum]

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect my 2 screens as a dual-screen setup. I've tried a lot of things but nothing works. Hopefully someone can help me solve this problem.

Situation is as following: I have an Asus EN8600GT graphic card, that card has a dual DVI input. Currently my Iiyama 24" is connected, and now I want to connect a 19" monitor on the other DVI port so that I can set them up as a dualscreen ( but with different resolutions ).

When I connect the 19" nothing happens, when I go into the nVidia control Panel I can select: Set up dual-screen and then I choose dual-view. What then happens is that the 19" goes to his maximum resolution ( 1280x1024 ) and the 24" goes also to that resolution. And whatever I try I can't change the resolution of my 24" to his max.

Now someone told me that I should try Ultramon because with it you can change resolutions on each screen. But even with Ultramon I can't change resolutions on each screen. Ultramon also displays 1 big screen instead of 2 screens.

Can anyone help me out with this?!?

Thanks!

Alexander Bosnjak

Alexander Bosnjak
ECarlson   2009-06-09 11:15
Sounds like you have it set to span mode. Try changing it back, then go in to Windows own Display properties, and you should see both monitors, and it should let you check the box to "Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor", and you should be good.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can't set different resolutions on monitors