Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 4 monitors + BDA (TV tuner) + PCI (primary card) = first hand knowhow please
Noah   2009-06-26 06:35
First of all, allow me to salute all Ultramon users for their good taste and for this rather useful community :)

I have 4 monitor setup that serves 2 machines. One strictly Matrox machine and other with ATI X800 AIW + Radeon 9000 and occasionally 7000 PCI cards.

Passive cooling and slim size makes them very handy in many machines. As I’m forced to introduce PCI Radeon as primary card in BIOS, such prospect makes AIW tuner completely nonexistent. That is, as long as PCI-e AIW is not primary card in BIOS.

The very existence of this PCI card in active manner renders ATI’s BDA device as nonexistent. I was just wondering from expericence of users with perhaps similar setup or active experience:

Is this conflicting from ATI’s nature of both Catalyst and MMC drivers and would I be better served with some independent PCI-e tuner from Avery/Pinnacle/Leadtek? Would they allow and tolerate PCI Radeon as primary card and function in full glory? Or this fate will find any other internal (PCI/PCI-e) TV tuner?

That leaves me with USB external solutions. Would USB tuner work better with such setup on this machine? Looking forward to shed some light on this topic. I nees occasionally TV tuner on my 4th screen and want to look into my best options.

Looking forward to your suggestions
Noah
Noah   2009-07-04 04:14
I must say, I truly believed this question would not voyage into silence. Certainly not at this date? If anyone could dedicated a few moments to offer some data, I would truly appreciate your reply.

Or could you point me, what is the best source for me to obtain those answers? Some link or site perhaps?

Ultramon site, strikes me as the most component source, to at least, find one user with similar setup, or at least knowledge into this matter.

Thank you
Noah   2009-07-11 17:18
bump
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 4 monitors + BDA (TV tuner) + PCI (primary card) = first hand knowhow please