Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop -> to 1 or 2 Monitors?
Neno   2009-07-04 06:58
Can a single laptop with VGA or sVGA adaptor be hooked up to another monitor or an adapter to support 1-2 monitors?

It might also be up to the laptop if it supports to see on lcd and monitor or wonder if it can be separate.

Neno
Noah   2009-07-06 00:34
Not quite sure I understand you question completely, but :

1) Sure you can. With some of the Matrox DualHead or TrippleHead2Go products range, you can do that.

2) You can also "split" that available signal from your laptop (if this is what you partly ask ) and have 2 external monitor outputs. But the nature of that work is very limited. Because, you will only have second mirror and not independent screen. So only one external monitor would be functionality viable and useful from your laptop. Unless you are willing to entertain this Matrox solution. But make sure this investment would permanently suit your needs. So choose carefully, what do you really need.
Jason   2009-07-21 07:31
If are using a docking station (and I'll assume you aren't carrying around multiple monitors), then you can usually achieve dual monitor output.

Most docking stations have both a VGA output and a DVI output, and it's been my experience (with HP docking stations) that you can connect a monitor to each and have the laptop drive both.

Good luck!

Jason
Piotr   2010-01-15 03:01
I use a quite old Acer laptop with external monitor VGI port. I configure the laptop screen as 1st, external one as second and I use Multimon just as I do on my desktop setup. There is no functional difference. Once you open an appliaction or even a window (e.g., Word's Find-replace) on a second monitor, the only way to make it open on the first one next time is to move it back to the 1st before shutting down. So I always find that some things do not show up when needed without the second monitor. It's highly inconvenient during any travel, so i would recommend Never to attach a 2nd mon to a traveling laptop.

Piotr
Mach   2010-02-20 20:46
U have to tell us the model number of the laptop. Then we can look it up.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop -> to 1 or 2 Monitors?