Forums -> UltraMon™ -> UltraMon Mirror driver - Over 30 FPS
chicken-   2012-04-25 10:44
In short, will UltraMon be receiving any more updates? It's been since Dec 2010 and would really like to see an update to the mirror driver.

At 30 updates per second videos are basically smooth, but not QUITE as smooth as they should be. My CPU is only at 11% max when mirroring (intel q9550 @3.8GHz, and I have a Radeon 6970), so I'm sure my system could handle 60 no problem.

Is this something that could be hacked in to uncap the limit or would an update be required, I'm hesitant to buy this APP for $40 with no recent updates.
Christian Studer   2012-04-26 08:30
It's worth a try, not sure though if you'll actually get better performance. To change the framerate, run regedit.exe and change the ScreenUpdateRate value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>\Mirroring\Monitor\Options.

3.2.0 has been delayed a bit, but should be ready shortly.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
chicken-   2012-04-27 17:17
Great! I will try this tomorrow and let you know, thx!
chicken-   2012-05-06 04:42
I can't tell if it's working or not. When I change the value to 60 the slider in UltraMon obviously says 30 so I don't know if that overrides the registry setting. But even after setting "10" in ultramon and then closing out, regedit's setting it unchanged.
Christian Studer   2012-05-06 06:49
The slider can't show more than 30 fps, but it's the value in the registry which gets used.

The screen update rate setting is stored per mirror mode, the registry key I mentioned gets used if you're mirroring one or more monitors (the first mirror option). If you're using the 'a single application' mirror mode for example, the setting would be under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>\Mirroring\App\Options.

chicken-   2012-05-12 11:18
Yea it works if I set it to like 10 to test it, but it doesn't seem to actually put out over 30 cuz it's still not smooth on video playback.
Christian Studer   2012-05-13 07:53
You can't rely on CPU usage, for example on my test system (dual core with hyper threading) CPU usage is only 14% when set to 30 fps, but the real framerate is still only 15 fps.

If you're interested I could upload a modified version of UMMirrorClient.exe which outputs the actual framerate to a debug monitor like DebugView.

Michael   2013-09-15 07:17
I have the same annoying problem where video shows jittery and adjusting in reg doesn't do a single thing even up to 120fps nothing changes. Media whoes continue......
Pep   2017-05-21 22:29
I tried setting the reg value to 60 as well.. doesn't seem to work. Can this just be a feature for this day and age?
Christian Studer   2017-05-22 16:30
The value set in the registry does get used, but mirroring may not be able to actually run at the specified speed.

Peter   2020-11-05 23:21
Any update on the mirroring? I tried having the FPS set to 60 in the registry on Windows 10, doing horizontal flip for teleprompter, but I only see some kind of 15 FPS. Any fixes to the mirroring that can run at 60fps? I'm running the latest Windows 10.
Christian Studer   2020-11-06 14:00
Performance is affected by the video card, overall system performance, your specific display configuration, etc.

If you want to see what's actually possible you could run MirrorMon and set the max update speed to 60 fps via View menu > Max Update Speed. You can then see the actual update speed in the status bar.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> UltraMon Mirror driver - Over 30 FPS