Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New Install says trial has expired
Greg Lee   2002-05-03 00:51
Hello - I downloaded the latest version of Ultramon lastnight. I installed it on my computer and after rebooting I got a message that the trial had expired. If I click on the 'enter registration code' .. something FLASHES on my screen then goes away, the reigistration dialog is still on the screen, please help.

Thanks!
Christian Studer   2002-05-03 03:09
This could happen if there was a problem during installation or you upgraded from a previous version of UltraMon.

Try removing all instances of UltraMon from Add/Remove Programs then reinstall Beta 7.

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Greg Lee   2002-05-03 06:38
OK - there was no reference in the uninstall programs to Ultramon, I deleted the Ultramon folder in Program Files. I searched thru the registry and the only reference was in the WinZip section, so I left the registry alone.

I rebooted and reinstalled Ultramon, after install I noticed the ICON in the system tray I right clicked and the options were all there. I rebooted and when my system was back up, I got the "blue screen of death" - shows VXD VWIN32(05) ...

This may be getting deeper than what this forum can assist with, but I thought I would list the problem and perhaps it was a known issue.

I uninstalled (this time the reference was listed in add/remove programs) - reboot and my system seems fine, just no Ultramon.

Thanks!!
Christian Studer   2002-05-03 06:48
See this thread for more information on Beta 7 issues on Win98/Me.

I recommend using Beta 6 until the next release is available.

kevin bell   2009-11-12 20:45
My computer crashed and re-installed version 2.7.1.(2.7.1.0) says trial period expire. I can't find my registration code. I have the crashed drive accessible can I find the registration code on the old drive and update this computer?

Thanks,
Kevin Bell
Christian Studer   2009-11-13 09:24
Kevin, you can access your registration information here.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New Install says trial has expired