Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon 8500LE and Mirroring
Mike   2003-04-07 22:44
I have a Radeon 8500LE w/64MB DDR and the DVI, VGA and S-Video connections. It does have the 2nd RAMDAC.
I am running this under XP Pro using the Cat 3.1 drivers. No hydravision installed.
Both monitors are LCD's one 15" and one 18". I want to set the 15" to 800x600 @ 75hz and the 18" to 1280x1024 @ 60hz.
I couldnt get cloneing (mirroring) to work until i tried using Ultramon.
Now the only way i can mirror is by setting
the resolutions the same. Im turning mirroring on when i want to view the remote (15" LCD) and then turn it off when im working at the 18" LCD.
Im thnking that most if not all of the issues im having are related to using the 8500LE, and was thinking of getting a 2nd PCI card to run along with it.
Im wondering what suggestions anyone may have for this 2nd card, or ideas on ways to configure Ultramon or the Radeo drivers differently to help smooth things out here.
Id also like to be able to run a slide show screensaver on the 15" LCD when its not in use.
Thanks
Christian Studer   2003-04-10 10:11
With UltraMon you should be able to use different resolutions when mirroring, but if the source monitor has a lower resolution than the target monitor, you'll get better results when setting the target monitor to the same resolution as the source monitor for mirroring. Otherwise UltraMon will have to scale the mirrored image, which will decrease performance and image quality.

I'm not familiar with ATI cards, but most dualhead cards support mirroring.

To run a slide show screen saver on the second monitor, try the UltraMon Screen Saver Player UltraMon add-on. For example the My Pictures screen saver included with Windows XP should work fine with the screen saver player.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon 8500LE and Mirroring