Forums -> Multiple monitors -> blank screens
Jake   2001-04-12 14:02
Hi, i had my setup working(
win2k
AGP Geforce
PCI SIS 6326
)

then, i changed the colour depth on the second monitor, and everything went black. now when i start up, i can only see the win2k loading screen, then when that finishes, both monitors go black. now, i can only get in by setting AGP to primary (the way it was before)

any ideas? this is so frustrating

jake
Christian Studer   2001-04-13 01:29
Try booting in safe mode, then remove all display adapters in Device Manager and reboot. This will reinstall all video drivers, and hopefully you'll have working default settings again.

If it doesn't work, you'll need to edit or remove the registry settings for the display adapters. To do this, start regedit.exe, choose Edit/Find from the menu and search for Attach.RelativeX (look at values only).

This will find all display settings, for each hardware profile and display device. You can edit the DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel value to change the color depth (in bits per pixel). Make sure you select base decimal when entering the new value.

Another user had a similar problem, we were able to fix it using the above procedure. Click here for the details.

Good luck,

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> blank screens