Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitors – blue screen!!!
bugoy8   2007-09-04 10:02
Help fellas … objective is to run three monitors. Setup is as follows:
- 8500GT 512mb running two monitors (DVI and VGA)
- GeForce MX 4000 PCI card 64mb – to be used for 3rd monitor
- e6750
- 4gb ram
- Gigabyte P35 S3 board
- XP Pro SP2

Downloaded the latest drivers for the MX 4000 from nVidia. When I add the pci card and configured, the 3rd monitor works. However, system’s asking to reboot for “changes to take effect”. Rebooted … then blue screened! On the start up, seems that the system is recognizing the GeForce MX 4000 PCI card 64mb first prior to the main graphics card (ie. 8500GT ).

Tried another PCI slot, same thing happened.

Is there a way to “delay” start up of MX 4000? Am assuming there’s a conflict of the two cards on start up? Recall reading about this a few years ago but can’t remember where!

Quick research pointed out BIOS setup. Checked the BIOS and PCIs are set to Auto. Am assuming that’s okay.

Otherwise, I can probably resort to a VGA splitter but prefer using a dedicated graphics card for the 3rd lcd.

Appreciate anyway feedback.
Petura   2008-04-09 06:45
Hello,

we are facing exactly the same problem. Did you come up with the solution?

any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

vbr.

Petr Svoboda

Petr Svoboda
Ian   2008-04-11 06:04
the MX 4000 card is too old and the Nvidia driver does not support 8500GT and 4000 together, easy fix = buy yourself a cheap 6200 PCI card and you will have no problems at all... :-) i ran 2x8500GT PCIE and 3x6200 PCI running 10 monitors and it worked a dream...

Ian
Kristen Rekdal   2008-04-13 05:54
Hi,
I had a similar experience. I am running XP Pro SP2 and have two brand new graphics cards ASUS EN8800GT and EN8600GT with dual displays on each. I want each of the displays on the EN8600 to be mirrors of the displays on the EN8800.

I just installed UltraMon 3.0.2. Setting up the mirrors at first looked fine, but on clicking OK I was told the configuration could not be set up but would be fixed upon reboot.
However, rebooting crashed the ASUS drivers such that the system was only able to use the emergency VGA driver with 800x600 resolution on one of the displays.
Also the UltraMon reported that it had to exit because of a fatal error.
I had to uninstall the UltraMon and reinstall the ASUS drivers to get the displays up again.

What's wrong?

KrisR
Christian Studer   2008-04-13 10:12
Kristen, this is most likely a compatibility issue with UltraMon's mirroring feature, installing UltraMon without the mirroring feature should fix the problem, you can deselect the feature on the Customize Installation screen of the setup.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Kristen Rekdal   2008-04-14 04:55
Christian,
Thank you for the reply although I think that was not the solution to my problem. The flexible mirroring feature of UltraMon was precisely what I was looking for.
It seems to me that in the Nvidia control panel mirroring/cloning can only be set up between two displays on the *same* graphics card, not across two different graphics cards.

Any ideas?
Christian Studer   2008-04-14 10:40
Unfortunately there is no fix for this as far as I know, seems to be a compatibility issue with some video card driver versions.

You could use MirrorMon instead, but you should check if performance is sufficient for your needs.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitors – blue screen!!!