Forums -> Multiple monitors -> MultiMon SystemTray Icon on BOTH displays
Dan the LAN Man   2009-06-01 17:05
My Monitor 1 is a DVI display located in the garage near the Vista 32 Media Center PC (with dual keyboards, dual mice and dual displays) hosting UltraMon; my Monitor 2 is a 52" Sony LCD TV mounted in the living room with the second (bluetooth) keyboard and mouse 30 feet away through walls and blind from Monitor 1. MY MAJOR ISSUE IS I CANNOT SEE BOTH DISPLAYS AT THE SAME TIME, hence I need very good display control software. UltraMon is the best I've found yet for managing applications on and across the two displays, but too often I still find myself without the ability to completely manage one display while sitting in front of the other (and vice-versa) making it embarrasingly necessary to have to get up, leave the room and physically sit in front of the other display to regain control of what is on each of the two displays.

Is there a way to have the UltraMon System Tay Icon always present on BOTH displays so I can use it to access the full set of UltraMon tools from either display at any time and re-assign specify primary and secondary displays? Or perhaps I have not discovered an existing feature that already grants me absolute control of both displays and what is shown upon them - equally - from either location.

Thank you...

Dan the LAN Man - Poway, CA
Christian Studer   2009-06-02 09:03
That's not supported, some things you could do:

- you could use the SwitchPrimary script to change the primary monitor, you could create two shortcuts to the script and place each one on a different monitor so that you can launch the script from both monitors

- use the MirrorMon add-on to see what's going on on the other monitor

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Dan the LAN MAn   2009-06-02 10:31
Christian - THANK YOU! I never looked into the scripts section previously. The derived blind control of each display is PERFECT. I'm buying another license to celebrate your solving my problem!

Dan the LAN Man - www.fullhousedigital.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> MultiMon SystemTray Icon on BOTH displays