This release has support for Windows 7 and several bug fixes.
Release notes for previous releases:
Setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
UltraMon 3 requires Windows 2000/XP or later, Windows 98/Me are no longer supported.
Please note that configuration settings may not be preserved when upgrading from version 2.6 or earlier. Display profiles, shortcuts and wallpapers will be preserved.
Support for Windows 7: the window buttons now work when using the Windows 7 or Windows 7 Basic themes, and the Smart Taskbar matches the Windows 7 look, with support for no labels and small icons. If you disabled the window buttons in order to be able to use a previous release on Windows 7, you'll need to enable them again under UltraMon Options > Buttons and Menu Commands.
Support has also been added for the drag maximized windows with the mouse feature. If you prefer to use Windows 7's support for dragging maximized windows, you can disable the feature under UltraMon Options > General.
• Mirroring may crash when changing settings, for example when adding an additional mirror target monitor
• Smart Taskbar: wrong icons used for task buttons for some applications, for example Taskbar and Start Menu Properties applet with large fonts on Vista, or UltraMon Options dialog
• Fatal error in MultimonGUI.cpp at line 1957 when disabling the disable/enable secondary monitors menu option, then setting the double-click action to disable or enable secondary monitors
• Runtime error in Adobe Acrobat when moving maximized window if Acrobat was launched from CCH ProSystem Engagement. As a workaround, go to UltraMon Options > Compatibility, then configure settings for Adobe Acrobat and check the 'use alternative method to move maximized window' option
• WindowBlinds skins which use transparency aren't fully supported on Windows XP, you'll get a black background where the taskbar should be transparent. There is no fix for this, it does work fine on Windows Vista though
• Docking hints from Xceed Docking Windows library don't work if UltraMon window buttons are enabled for the application
• Windows 2000: if you don't have Windows Installer version 3 or later installed, a driver used by UltraMon's mirroring feature won't get updated correctly when doing an upgrade install. Repairing the installation will fix the problem