Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Get 2 different messages on 2 different monitors
Tim   2002-01-06 22:27
I have 3 different monitors, and with Ultramon I put my main screensaver on my main monitor, and I put one message on monitor 2 (which uses ssmarque.scr) and I would like to put another message on monitor 3 (which uses ssmarque.scr).

So I tried to duplicate the ssmarque.scr in ssmarque2.scr but I have allways only the same choice for the 2 & 3 monitor screensaver.

Maybe I have to change something in the regedit.exe ?
Anyone has an idea?

Thanx
Tim
Christian Studer   2002-01-06 23:40
That's because the copy of ssmarque.scr still stores the settings in the same location.

There is a workaround for this:
- open ssmarque2.scr in a hex editor (for example Hex Workshop)
- search for the text 'Screen Saver.Marquee' (may be in ANSI or Unicode)
- replace the last 'e' with '2'

ssmarque2.scr will now save its settings under 'Screen Saver.Marque2' instead of 'Screen Saver.Marquee'.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Tim   2002-01-07 02:45
Thank you very much Christian, it works GREAT !!!!

So now I can have 2 different messages on the different screens.

Congratulations, you are really the best !

Tim
Nick ELlson   2007-01-24 05:10
I did this with #D Text (made the second itteration 3E Test, and I can run them seperately in preview mode and they retain the seperate spinning text :) How ever, nly the one on the primary monitor shows when I hit the "launch" menu function within the Ultra Mon task tray. I have the ultramon as the primary saver in the desktop properties, and both monitors show the saver in PREVIEW mode.

I have an nVidia Quatro running only two screen. (two seperate background just great)

Nick
Nick ELlson   2007-01-24 05:24
I rebooted again after teh change, now I see the secondary screen saver running on the secondary monitor, althought it's rather choppy. The primary screen just shows an error "No Preview Available)

Nick
Christian Studer   2007-01-24 10:40
Make sure the 'preview mode' option is checked for the screen saver on the primary monitor.

Otherwise the screen saver assigned to the primary monitor will run on all monitors, due to having native multi-monitor support.

aJskoLD   2007-07-13 03:49
Ok :) I did this with this sort of screensaver:) it's really nice:)

But i can't do it with 3D text screensaver (sstext3d.scr)

I tryed finding it myself but i'm not really good at "hacking"

Greeting To All From aJskoLD
Christian Studer   2007-07-13 09:21
With the 3D Text screen saver it works a bit differently, you'll need to replace

Screensavers\Text3D

with

Screensavers\Text32

If you want to use more than two instances, you can just change the last letter, for example for the 3rd instance it would be Screensavers\Text33, etc.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Get 2 different messages on 2 different monitors