Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dell Precision M50 laptop + docking-station (mobile workstation)
Olaf   2003-07-28 15:56
Hi folks,

I have the above laptop - runnning Windows XP - sitting in a docking-station that itself has two PCI-slots.
The laptop itself has a nVidia-card (will show up as "Dell M50" in the device-manager).

I have been trying a couple of cards (ATI Prophet 9000 PCI, Matrox Millenium G450 - both rising strange issues) in the docking-station in order to support for my two 18" TFTs (and I'd really like to add a third).
Except for the Elsa Erazor II (4MB!), nothing will work. The system will either simply crash after a couple of minutes or simply halt.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated ...

Thanks,
Olaf
Gary   2003-10-08 01:36
Hi Olaf,

I just bought a Dell Dimension laptop and docking station. I, too, want to put a pci card in the docking station to power at least 2 (preferably 3) monitors when the laptop is docked.

Do you or anyone else have any suggestions? I'd like to pick this up locally (Best Buy) if possible.

Thanks,

Gary
Matt   2003-10-08 07:22
Check out my story here
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dell Precision M50 laptop + docking-station (mobile workstation)